All students who reside in the state of Oregon are eligible for admission to Arthur Academy Public Charter School. Oregon Charter School law allows students to apply to the school from outside the school district without an inter-district transfer.
Applications are accepted beginning in January of each year for the following school year.
(If you are applying for the current school year, your student’s name will be added to our current wait list.)
As per our Charter School Agreement, priority will be given to students as follows:
- Current students
- Siblings of current students
- Students residing in that school district
- Out of district students
In the event that Arthur Academy receives more applications than there are openings in a specific grade, a random lottery will be held.
- The first lottery is held the beginning of April. All applications submitted between January - March 31st will be included in this first lottery.
- Approximately ten days after this lottery is conducted, accepted applicants will be notified.
- The remaining students will be placed on a wait list in the event of future openings. These wait listed applicants will NOT be notified unless their student moves off the wait list onto the accepted list.
- Applications will still be accepted after the first (April) lottery. These applications will be included in either the May or June lotteries, depending on the date the application was submitted, and will be added to the current wait list.
Following notification, all students accepted will receive an application packet in the mail. It is the parent’s responsibility to return the complete application packet by the appropriate deadline to enroll the student. Students are not officially enrolled until all paperwork is complete and submitted to the school office.